Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good way to end the week... - nanaki
I just got 2 emails for IV invitation, one from Brookdale Hospital and another from Cleveland Clinic Florida (yes, they rejected me first and then after 2 weeks sent IV invitation). So far it's 5 and already did 1, for those waiting, don't lose hope, I was giving up but now I can't be happier. Good luck to all and see you at the hospital (Hopefully as residents...not as patients)!!
r u serious you were rejected and got IV after 2 weeks is that true
I haven't heard anything like this before...Is it possible?
Please, clarify...Do you have any contact person inside the program? Otherwise, it sounds surreal!
Congrats.
No contacts...I just got their emails, that's it...
I was wandering not how you find out that you have been selected for an IV but if you have a contact who maybe asked the PD to re-review your application...

If this is not the case, did the program apologize for the mistake?

i still try to figure out why would they reconsider an application (once they rejected it) when every program "proudly states that they have received hundreds, thousand of application)"...

It's weird enough to receive 2 rej. from the same program (as i heard) but this is crazy...

Congrats once again and let's hope that everything is possible...

Dude, FL is NOT IMG friendly and even if they iv, they never rank IMGs there. I know some seniors who iv'd but never got matched even with 99/99/above 96 step3/06 grads i.e. last yr match.

I would still spend money on flight ticket and go for the experience but while ranking you MUST be careful since chances of them ranking you regardless of what FL programs say after iv is all bull shit. They prefer AMGs and AIMGs more than anyone else. And as you know FL, CA are hot spots for AMGs. Gl and be wise when ranking and realistic even if you have 99/99
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »