Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can multiple attempts in CS match? - doc4mle
passing CS in 3 or more attempts- can an applicant match in IM? Any precedence that anyone may know of? or one should give up his/her dreams of being a resident?

say when rest of the credentials are competitive- scores >95 in both steps+USCE_research+pubs etc etc..
sure, why not? do research on programs who don't stress cs. don't ask me which pgs, go get ur own gumgum.
hey dumbdumb thanx for the info. I was very eager to know of any such candidate if you are aware of. I know one has to form his/her own lists!
u should also explain why u failed CS in the PS with good reasons, just be honest and frank.
I think one failure may be explained but what about two failures? Do you think it would be appropriate to write that in the PS? Do programs read PS before inviting for IV? I've heard different story altogether! PS is read at the time of IV or after IV has been granted!!

I wonder what proper reason can be written for >1 failures-
unable to "act" in the exam? or understand the format of exam?

Please help with my questions
thanx
not a good test taker, shy, a traditional, asian guy/girl but with good spoken english

or too anxious, or other events in life distracted u, put many good reasons there, u will be fine.
thnx dumbdumb... sounds good!

anyone else with more advises?

has any such person gotten into residency if you know of any?
yes
i know a person who matched in categorical surgery wid 2 cs attempts
so hope for the best!!
i hope I have the same luck as that person you know who matched in surgery categorical with 2 attempts. I have 1 cs attempt but it seems to be affecting me badly. I have no interviews!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »