Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many is too many? - dimonlimon
This statistical stuff is very interesting. I was looking at the last year and before match data from NRMP website. Last year (2008) the person required to match for IM speciality is 5.8. That means if you have 5.8 (rounded to 6) entries in ROL for a IM speciality, you were 100% matched last time. The number is different for other specialities. Also that number is increasing every year. And you need to count the number of programs that you applied too. For example if a candidate A applied 100 IM programs and got 8 inverviews and Candidate B applied 8 IM programs and got 4 interviews. The candidate B got more chance of matching than A. My understnading is that you should have atlest > 10 to 15% ratio before taking the above condition.

There are cases got matched outside this theory, but if you are meeting the above conditions then you will be matched 100% this year. So find where you are.

it seems my chances to match are really low..............!!!!!!!!!
aksh

I said there are cases matched outside this theory. So don't give up.
lets hope and pray thats all i can do now........
does every body agree with these numbers which are being discussed in this thread? is any body in the same boat in which i am.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »