Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philosophy about suicide - hopesalive
yeah, i agree, i was recently asked a similar q-
what are your thoughts about assisted suicide?

This is what i answered:
There are two conflicting points of view that I have to this subject- " As a clinician, euthansia is not legal in the US, so I cant imagine myself being allowed to function in any other way, but this is a debatable topic of great interest in the future...as a clinician, we will toggle between our fundamental role as a caregiver and that we would play in assisted suicide....

As an individual, i believe that a person should have as much control over his death as much as he has had living it....If there is an end point to my life which is too debilitating for me to live in, and I am in a situation where I am anything but insane, I should be allowed to make the decision for myself........whether it is allowed within the law or not, is something I will leave the caregivers to figure out, nevertheless the decision should be mine, the execution, maybe not..."

I ddnt want to say what they want to hear i guess, this is how i feel.....I dont think I did the best job in answering this q, what do u guys say? any other angle to it?
Hi hunk you did a good job there yes there are two conflicting thoughts in this case which falls under Controversies in medical field, well there are some states in US where physician assisted suicide is legal,where they follow the principal of Beneficence(a bio-ethical terminology),but the wast majority of them are against this idea of physician assisted suicide
good going guys,,,,thanks hunk and carib..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »