Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to answer this? - draashna
What to answer if a community program asks about interest in research , , i can see in freida information that the research rotation is optional so how do I answer? a plain no or is there a better way of answering that. Also I really dont have any idea about research.
as its a communty prog so don tak abt research much as it may go against u.it happened wid me as at a community prog IV I asked a few Q abt research , fellowships opportunities at the hospital.
Then I realised by the response of the interviewer that i have screwed myself badly
In case you were asked, the answer is:

It would be nice if I could get involved in a research project. I would like to learn very much. I never had this kind of opportunity before. I understand that research is very important and interesting.
Thanks adwitya82 and cervidil for your inputs. Good Luck!!
I also think that I screwed up by saying that I am very interested in research. But that is what I am. My hope of going into a university fellowship program through a community residency program is the truth. It is my last hope to reach my dream of doing some research, professing medical students and doing my clinical practice too.

I do not know if you should what you really feel or what you think that the program director would like to hear. If I was the program director I would like to hear the truth......but it is not very easy to tell if the applicant is really telling what they mean or if they are merely trying to impress.
I have learned about a few clinicians who have made staggering medical discoveries like the discovery of angiostatins by Dr Judah Folkman, therefore I think it does not sound utterly unrealisitic to talk about your research interest in a community program but be careful not to offend the PD by saying something way out of the norm.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »