Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hepatitis question... - bradykin27
I take the test soon and have been reading through the Goljan 100 page notes.

In the Pathology section...it says that the most common form of hepatitis that infects IV drug users in prisons is HBV.

I know that HBV is considered a blood-borne virus...and that HCV is the most common type seen with blood transfusions...and I think HAV is the common form seen in prisons.

what I confused about is this ...I thought that IV drug abuse was pathomnemonically associated with HCV (not HBV as Goljan notes suggest). On these USMLE type of questions, I always associate HBV with sexual contact and HCV with IV drug abuse...what am I missing with this reasoning?
I read from the Goljian's note that the most common type of hepatitis from IV drug abuse is HCV, if I remember it right.
Well, my notes could be a different version that has a misprint involved...but I assume all Goljan 100 page notes would be the same.

The comment about IV drug abusers in prisons being associated with HBV is located on page 24 of my notes...almost halfway down the page.

Whether anyone has the notes or not...do most people believe the correct answer is HCV (not NBV)...I just wanted to make sure there was not some tricky detail I was overlooking.

Thanks
hi bradykin27 where can i get goljan 100 ???????????? Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »