Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention IMGs in India/Pakistan/Latin America - smoke
I am a US student that went to the Caribbeans for medical school. I wanted to know from IMGs in India/Pakistan/Latin America a couple of questions.

Do you apply for a work visa to come to the US? Then study and take Step 1-3? What if you don't pass Step 1 - are you still allowed to be here on a work visa? Is the government letting you in based on good medical school scores?

I'm just curious about how this process works because we have a huge desi MD population in my area and I was wondering what kind of hurdles they had to jump through to be where they are right now.

Thanks, and best of luck to you. All of your hard work will pay off and you will enjoy life in the US!
Well, most of us (or at least is the case with me) come here as either students to pursue graduate degrees in various medical related fields, or finish step 1 and step 2 back and come to the US on a visit visa to give rest of the steps here. Then few (may be lot more) of them get married to US citizens, which enables them to get a green card, which in turn enables them to live life here just a like a citizen sans voting rights.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »