Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To mr_hil22 please advice based on ur experience - drkinjaldesai
First of all this is for 2010 match and not 2009, i did not apply this year.

My Credentials:
USMLE step 1 78/191 second attempt
USMLE step 2 CS pass second attempt
USMLE step 2 CK 88/213 third attempt

Taking step 3 in May 2009

Other Credentials:

- MPH 2008 (University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg USA)
- One and Half years of Research Experience on a Center for Disease Control and Prevention Project, " Study on Iron Supplementation Amongst Low Income Post Partum Women in Mississippi"
- Best Outstanding MPH Research Award for the year 2006-07
- Best Poster Presentation Award for Internship during MPH in the Dept of Nutrition
- 10 weeks Research Experience in the Mississippi Delta in Summer 2008 on " Physical Activity Resource Assessment " Survey
- One month Observership with a Board Certified Neonatologist at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg, MS

Currently:

- Working as a Clinical Research Coordinator from August 2008 in the Dept of Neurosurgery at The University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, MS which is a University Based Residency Program. I plan to work until June 2010 (A total of 2 years, as i shall be applying for residency this year in sept 2009)
- Poster Presentation on " Use of Hydralazine and its cost effectiveness compared to Nicardapine in Neurocritical Care Unit" at the Neurocritical Care Conference in Oct 2008, Miami which won the Best Poster Award
- Poster Presentation on " Tako-tsubo Cardiomyopathy in Neurocritical Care Unit" at the Neurocritical Care Conference in Oct 2008, Miami

In addition to this, I am currently working on Tracheostomy Registry with a publication on Bedside tracheostomy mostly by the end of this year, Traumatic Brain Injury Registry, Spinal Cord Injury Registry, Geodone Study, Lumbar Drain Study and many more.

I WOULD LIKE AN HONEST OPINION FROM ALL OF YOU HERE, ABOUT MY CHANCES OF MATCHING OR GETTING A PREMATCH IN 2010 PROVIDED I GET MY STEP 3 DONE WITH A DECENT SCORE OF ABOVE 80

MY RESIDENCY CHOICES BASED ON PRIORITY ARE,

1) NEUROSURGERY ( CHANCES ARE VERY SLIM, HOWEVER I SHALL DEFINITELY TRY)
2) PEDIATRICS ( MY ONLY OTHER CHOICE THAT I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN PURSUING)

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP HERE GUYS,
I REALLY APPRECIATE IT,

Dr Kinjal Desai
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »