Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
special for showman bhai - junaid_08
i am posting the full q for u dear:

A 40 yr old woman who has moderate asthma and lives in midwest US visits a n intern in the beginnig of dec for routine check.She had to use B2 inhaler 3 times in last two months.Which vaccine is recommended?

A.Inactivated influenza
B.Inactivated influenza and polysacharide pneumococcus
C.Trivalent influenza
D.Poly sacharride pneumococcus

and the nas is A

Only inactivated influenza is recomended for asthma and other COPD,not tivalent.
Indications for Pneumococcal Polysacharride vaccine:
DM
Heart ds
COPD(except asthma)
Ch liver ds(including alcoholism)
Congenital immunodef
Malignancy
Pts treated with immounosupression therapy
Renal Failure
Hemodialysis
Asplenic pts
HIV
yaar apun ko yeh samaj nahi aarahi ke...what is the age at which annual influenza vaccination is started..kaplan, uw say it's 50, but I downloaded the document from US preventive service task force website and on it it's clearly mentioned that you start annual vaccination after 65..

please clear these concepts yaar.
bahut confusia gaya hun mein.
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/default.htm

see this..
sammy thnx for the link,what are u trying to say,in this particular pt do we administer pneumo every 5 yrs ?????or after age limit???whether its 50 or 65???
thanks.....sammy if you know me i dont post anything without adequate research!dont have adequate time..post ur email id...
juniad urs too
SEND ME TOO THAT STUFF SHOWMAN
orthop2008
junaidahmad78@ymail.com

if u can send me the link for nbme4 as wel,sammy sent me but its winzip ,i cant open it,thnx.
waheedsameer

I later on found that I had downloaded an old version of the document. In the new one, influenza is started annually from 50 years onwards Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »