Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alhamdolillah -- i passed - bloom
ALHAMDOLILLAH i passed.

Dec 31 2008 -- score 192 (may be i got the left over qs lol)

exam was way too atypical i previously mentioned but some how i managed to passed it, even though i was not expecting it.

patho from BRS and golyan 36
uw online score -- 60 %
uw sa 1 -- 400
uw sa 2 -- 430
NBME off line score 65 %

my preparation was decent but my exam was totally unexpected.

physio - few qs
patho - not more than 15 q
micro - < 15 q
biochem - more or less 25 q
genetics - 10 - 15 q
pharma - 25 - 30 q but most of them comparison. few direct q.
beh sc -- every block had 3 - 4 qs
stat -- (the subject i never touched) few q, i ans c
Histo -- many qs

rest of the qs are not describeable ( many research qs).
very many comparing qs from graphs point of view.
i had almost 35 - 40 q abt pt came to ER dead without any Hx. and q was nor interested in Dx infact cause of death (histo level of qs).

I was prepared for first second and even third step reasoning qs, but useless when i encountered the real exam, what actually work there was ur understanding of medicine.
almost 35 - 40 qs that i answered in each block was a guess.

Advice -- All u need is justified preparation and lots of lots of LUCK.

good luck to u all see u in step 2.
congratulations!
congrats! mashallah

lol .. i also sat for the exam on 31 dec. my exam had a lot of molecular bio, statistics and genetics q's.

whats ur email bro? need to discuss a good plan of action for step 2..

bloom i remember ur post bro...urs was really messy paper bro..i hope i wont get 1
mashallah nice to hear u cleared..mubarak
all the best
hi friend first of all congratulation to u on ur graet sucess.actually i am also preparing part 1 usmle and same time working in pharmacy in boston . its really hard for me to work and study,so i am planing to go back to m,y country and give exam over there and then come back for for step 3.i need some advise on that,can u please tell me that, if i study really hard how long its gonna take me to give both part. i will b very greatful to u ,if u can give me advise on that.best of luck for ur 2nd part.
my email adds is vikramjitsinghbhullar17
cong

i rememeber reading ur post after ur exam. some of my friends took the exam in same days and they explained it the same way u explained i think its a matter of luck more than any other thing. but u made it just pay attention to step 2.

see u soon at step 2.
thats true luck matter most. u passed it thats great.
i thought im not gonno passed it after giving that distorted form of exam. i was expacting fail but i passed too. thx to ALLAH this is his mercy and greatness that i assed and im happy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »