Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint Mary Elizabeth Family medicine residency pro - saawariya
any idea abt the interview process?
anyone plz.....
They have a very nice interview schedule. First there is a presentation about the program from assoc. PD who is really nice and friendly. Then you are assigned to interview with 3 different people, 20-30 min per interview. One of those is faculty members, one is a resident and one is a staff member (non-medical). Basically, you sit around this big table with other applicants and they call your name every time you need to interview with someone. During this whole process of 1:30 or so, PD is sitting at that table having small talk with applicants. Totally informal, about different things that are happening in the world. Very nice and friendly. But, of course, beware that you are still being interviewed, so never get too comfortable. Smile)) They don't ask any medical q. Only thing I heard from other applicant is that they may ask the most interesting case, its outcome and treatment so you may wanna prepare something like that in your mind. After that there is a tour of the hospital with one of the residents. Hospital and facility are nice. They have a decent work load. There is also a noon conference that you attend while eating lunch. Now, lunch is actually great! Smile Very delicious options, there is special part only for physician and it's all free if you get a residency there, which makes you like the program even more Smile)) After that you go to see St. Elizabeth hospital and their clinic there.
Residents are mainly from South America, and if you are from there you'll blend right in Smile There are few others from India and Eastern Europe, and even AMGs Smile
After the interview you are invited (optional) to go to informal dinner with them (there is probably gonna be PD, assoc. PD, few residents and few faculty members. If you can, I suggest you go because I think it's important they meet you some more in that setting. All in all, very nice interview experience. If you don't go to the dinner, the day should end around 4:00 or so. Please, if you have any questions, just ask....
thanks leila711. that's very helpful.
leila, thank you very much. Do you If they offer prematch?
leila711, Could you please tell me if they offer prematch?
you are talking abt which prgoram? Is the one which is in Utica?
yeah which st elizabeth is this?
ohio,michigan ...someplace else?
this is in Chicago
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »