Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am in diar need for help. - schihna
hi
i am prep for step1.was to give my exam in dec 29 2008.but due to my father's heart attack i couldnt write the exam.now i booked the exam for april.but unable to read.i am preparing alone. i cant go andf contact friends or study with them.as i feel shameful for being late in writing step1.now at home sometimes i get tensed that i dont have anyone to discuss topics.also i am a slow learner. so portion is moving very slowly.still i need to do 1300 q on u world.i want to read the subject first and do uworld q for that subject.but its never happening.everyday i sit to read to complete certain portion. but i cant complete even 1/4.im getting depressed.how can i ever complete step1? pls somebody guide me about what i need to do?
u need study partner

Your exam is in April, you still have time. Here are some steps you can try:

1) Get over the depression and motivate yourself. Tell yourself, that you made it through medical school, so why can't you do this? You have the knowledge..just need the motivation.

2) Read through FA at least 3 times to get the high yield info.

3) Do Goljan high yield notes 100 pages and also listen to all the goljan lectures and follow with the notes. This is very important because most of the exam is made up of pathology.

4) Try to go through Kaplan notes and videos...focus especially on pharm, micro and biochem.

5) Practice with UWORLD as much as you can. Do it after you've gone through FA and Goljan. Take the NBME and assess yourself to see where you are weak and focus on those topics or subjects first.

By doing all this you can at least pass for sure. FA is important, just reading that and the Goljan high yield notes can definitely help you to pass.

Good luck! You're not alone in this. Lots of people are in the same boat. If you don't motivate yourself first and start believing that you can do this...even if you had one year you wont be able to do it. If you're determined you can even do it in 2 months. Its not impossible. Just try to focus on whats important, push everything else away. Don't care about everyone's expectations...you do what you need to do for yourself.
well you will do very good dont worry foucus ur study and let us know if you need any help we hear in former to help each other... study kaplan book and uw is really helpful...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »