Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please give me your advice - souji
1999 grad, step1/75(4th attempt ,unnecessarily taken cos of family issues without proper preparation), step2/76(3rd attempt) stepcs pass/1st attempt, have GC. Done 6months of volunteering in ER, 8months of observership in a private family clinic, 2yrs of observership/externship in a teaching hospital clinic, done iyr of research in medicine and done 1yr of externship in psychiatry, failed step3 once. I wasted lot of my money and time without peace of mind and still cant see light anywhere.

What should I do. Planning to take step3 by new year. Please kindly advice(No jokes please.....this is my life).
No one out there who can help me
hey buddy,sorry to hear that,...ur an old grad,low scores,attempts..but..but...ur a gc, first of all u shud choose ur speciality of interest psych and family,and i wud advice u to go for these 2 fields,i dont think u have a chance in i.m. and surg honestly,so try to finish step 3 next time around and get usce in fam and psych fields,think u will land a spot with step 3 out of the way.Now people here may be saying u that oooo..fam..u need to have a 99 .ooo psych u need to have a 99....but u can just say them to ..know their roles and shut their holes...trust me do usce in fam and psych ,get lors and finish step 3 and u will be fine....i dont visit this forum often now,since am done with match,but i sometimes i visit step 3 forum,and i cant help myself but laugh at their bogus experiences!!!....anyways..follow what i told u...gud luck...don't care bout the discouraging words by ur fellow country men,if ur a indian or pakistani,its in their blood....Smile.
hi irfankhan...

I didn't match this year so trying to make my cv stronger.....

Any suggestions on materials for step 3?

Thanx.

As far i think,alone step 2 ck books arent enough.u need to supplement it with some fam med review book,since much of the exam is fam med oriented,that's how i see it.The exam doesnt as such takes a rocket scientist to pass it,its a very much doable exam.

step 2 ck notes,step 3 f.a.
fam med rev book
q bank,kap and usmle world( am not that a big fan of uw)
ccs cases ( practice the soft ware),uw is good in that dept,and there r many cases posted here on this forum which were up in recent exams.
neeraj notes and alerts notes r also good saves a lot of time.

take nbme 1mnth before the test,do atlest q banks for 2 mnths...

hope that helps u.Smile.

am preparing my own step 3 notes,if they work for me all post it.g.l.
Dear Souji:I'm in the same situation like you. I thougth I was the only one in this forum with the same credentials. But you know what we can make it if we believe. It's going to be so hard but we should try. For the step 3 ,try to practice more ccs, this is the clue to pass the exam. To improve your possiblities to match next year, you should find a comunity program. Ask to do and Observership or extership, and show them your professional capacities . Knowing you is the only way to get an opportunity. Don't give up we can make the difference. Let me know if you need any more info.
mangel

I would like to be in touch with you. Please lets help eachother.
Of course Souji. This is my e-mail mabel_aus
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »