Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genetics: career frequency estimation - osteosarcoma28
Miss Martha,24yrs of age come to ur office for regular health check up which reveals that she is completely healthy with no abnormality.Family history denotes that her brother is a patient of sickle cell disease[autosomal recessive disease].Miss Martha wanna know whats the probability that she herself will be a career of the mutated sickle cell gene in spite that she is healthy?
where is drbkc,kasyona,samomcos,bilal,examcraze,llh and all others.I can't solve this problem and expecting you,all the faboulus ppls help.Will I have to be deprived from you ppls kind ans?plssss...........
she s healthy...so probabillity of sickle cell triat.
AA,Aa,Aa===2/3
If her brother has sickle cell, both parent most be carier, at age 24 if she is completely healthy with no abnormality, she might be healthy(1/3) or carrier(2/3)

Miss Martha wanna know whats the probability that she herself will be a career of the mutated sickle cell gene, the answer is 2/3.

drbkc, the proba that she is healthy is 1/3.

correct me if wrong
yup...that should be right.

her brother has to be 'ss'.
She is either SS / Ss / sS ------> 2/3 chances she's a carrier.
whoooooooa! you guyz are soooo coool.I was hoping for ans but not this F1 pace reply.Thank you all.
yer welcome!
Samomcos/OKT3- I agree , 2/3 will be carrier and 1/3rd chances to be normal......since her brother is already has disease.
okt3.

i meant,probability of sickle cell trait---2/3
according to q she s normal..
sry i am not that good in language to explain
we are in the same page drbkcSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »