Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urgent help,guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - godfreythomas
Guys, pls help clear the ffg:
*Are we free to use the sp's 1st name if one is not sure of the right pronunciation of his last name?
*To what extent can we check for range of motion in a painful knee bearing in mind not to repeat painful manuevre ie extension, flexion adduction and abduction since each of them will cause pain.
*How can one ask for hirsutism in hpi.
Thanks for your copy right ideas.
I think it has been clearly mentioned in FA that the system followed in USA is to call the patient by his/her last name. So there is no compromise on that. One has to introduce himself also like I am Dr. (last name).
For hirsutism, one can say "Do you have excessive hair growth on the face?"
-NEVER use first name in an CS exam,neither yours ,nor patient's first name.biiig mistake.you can ask him about the pronunciation if you're not sure..but DON"T use the first name if the px doesn't ask you to do
-you have to check the range of motion,do all the maneuvers,apologise for producing him/her pain.the idea is to not do 2 or more painful maneuvers that give you the same result(kernig and brudzinski for ex,psoas and oburator,deep palpation in the painful zone at light palpation)but the diagnostic maneuvers ,you have to do them,just tell the px before that there is a possiblity that that maneuver will produce him some pain,but you have to do it and apologize after for causing him pain..
-have you noticed any excesive hair growth on your face or other part of your body?-i think,i'm not so sure about this..
Americans tend to be very informal, especially regarding names. Generally (and culturally), you should initially always use the persons last (family) name. However, most Americans will then say something like "Oh, please call me Bob." Americans with names that are difficult to say (like mine) are accustomed to people not saying it correctly, so by ALL means ask "Did I say that correctly"? Also, it's perfectly natural to ask an American "May I call you Bob"?
Mainly...DON'T worry about this!
Good luck!
Arthur R. Brunelle
Step by Step American English Learning Center, Inc.
Thank you all for the contribution and clarifications.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »