Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone at LICH, NY for Peds? - kiddyfriend
I got prematched there. Just looking for future colleagues. Anyone?
How is the place? I'm interviewing there next week for prelim through scramble....is it a good hospital... if they like me i'll probably have to make a decision right away....please, tell me a little bit about it. thanks a lot in advance....!
Well, I only know about the peds program and that's filled up. So you are probably talking about IM.
Anyways... I liked the people there a lot. I think the pedds program is decent and the PD is really trying to make it a great little program.

The area is very nice, so no problem there. In general I think the hospital has a good reputation amongst local Brooklynites (at least according to some reactions that I got from friends when I told them I will be working there). As I said I can't tell you anything about other programs.
To Kiddyfriend,

What was your score, visa status and USCE ?
I am interested in 2006 ped match

Thanks in advance
to childdoc

My scores were 98/99. I have GC and about 6 mts of USCE. I also had US LOR. When I signed my prematch I didn't have the result of CS yet.
Thanks for the info..
Kiddyfriend,pls can you share you ped list with me mdymc
congrats
To Kiddyfriend,

I have 82/200 in step 2 ck, ped residency in India, dissertation and paper presentations at various conferences in India, No visa, i will be on student visa for MPH from next fall, can you guide me where should i apply for peds?

Thanks in advance.
I only applied to peds programs in NY. I don't have a list.

I really think you guys should try and do your research yourself as this is the best way to get the most reliable answers. Email the programs, ask for their requirements, think about where you want to live and then apply. Search the internet for reviews (scutwork is agood site) and for ratings of the programs. Look at their residents, that's a good way to tell if they are IMG friendly or not.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »