Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme form2 block1 q-13-14-15 - drmarino
hmm.

y are they still warm?

6 hrs after internal reduction...... that states initially the procedure was successful without compression of the artery... after a while swelling causes compression..... y dont we wait for 24hrs and c what happen next, as if compression was complete there must be pallor and cold extremity but here its still warm...

i am still confused,
shrukh, closed reduction does not mean internal reduction ( it is external),
number 15 is really confusing
but i'm still chossing D - femoral arteriography
not embolectomy because the foot is warm.
Sad

I agree with 99loving
after reduction arteries can get pinched .although we have less invasive method but the answer is gold std.
abnormal kidny morphology is not important,the atrophy is due to arterial reduction that has prompted HTN as well.
every time you treat HTN and see no result ,think renal artery stenosis! unless there are other sx that point directly to the cause ,such as pheochromocytomatouslessnessdititislosisi.
you dont like my jokes???
when you dont feel the pulse,you must investigate whether foot is hot,worm boiling,cold or roasted.
to make you feel all right,think colateral!! ok,its the colaterals that keep the foot warm,but we like to play with the big artery all right? we dont play with high school kids any more all right !!??
ok guys
I would like to change my answer to A after rereading the problem.
it said that previously palpable pulse after reduction no longer palpable,that means artery was patent after the reduction,also the foot is warm ( although colaterals do exist )but THE Q is trying to say artery is good.
the only thing that may diminish the pulse is ,reperfusion perhaps after reduction,early compartmental syndrome,tissue injury and inflammation throughout the ordeal that have caused venous return reduction thereby ingorgement of the cappilary bed and the tissue altogether.
so lets raise the leg up to help the venouse return to see what happens,you never know.
no chance is taken ,the foot is still warm.
i have got the new FA 2013 For step 1 and new usmle resources such as the books which is almost new and many dvds and Videos of materials that help pass the exam , in addition to new qbanks which is valid till now , i am willing to resale it for a reasonable offer including kaplan hy , kaplan IM and mtb by dr.conrad , UW, dit,medstudy , all are Brand new 2012-2013 ...etc .

contact me at : jordialba99

god bless and thanks....
A
pulse was palpable after reduction,foot still warm.
perhaps early compartmental syndrome due to reperfusion and the treatment as a culprit,which can potentialy engorge the capilary bed and hinder venous return.
elevate the leg to see if improvement developes.
no risk is taken,foot is warm,is getting some flow ,maybe collaterals are helping too.
this is not very alarming situation,no talk of pain,parestisia,discolorations ets..no panic,relax,elevate!
this site is killing me
I did not see my responses so I wrote again and then all showed up together
please put down the bottle,whoever is runing this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »