Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 programs same hospital - img2010
can i apply to two different programs in the same hospital like psych and family medicine??
yes, you can
you can but it will be the end of your hope with that hospital, dont ever do it, apply to different specialities but in different hospitals and submit different personal statements for these specialities (1 personal statement for each group of spciality programs)
goodluck

Make sure that they do not have the same program coordinator or other staff including PD.

As they are different departments, you may apply but not sure if it will harm your chances.
Do not do it. I was in trouble. The Gme ofiice and the residency program work together. They know about it. Be careful. Sometimes I heard it varies from program to program. If I were you I would not do it.
dont do it, the GME office in each hospital control every thing in all departments starting from the hotel, interview and resident dinner meetings. they can easily pick you and you will be very embarresed during the interviews. GL
Salaam,

I have been interviewed in 2 hospitals , in each one with 2 different programs, n have matched in one of them,, just make sure they dont know about each other.

GL
yeah...dont apply to 2 programs at the same hospital. I know for a fact that in a hospital in Ohio, the FIRST thing they do is see who applied to IM and surgery (the 2 programs they had) and they would send them rejection letters. Then they filtered by scores, then by visa.
there is no way that the PD from one area can see all the places that you apply....but sometimes during IV an andministrative of the hospital can be there, and he/she can recognize you and tell the PD that you already had an interview there... is a risk....but if the interviewers are different for each program, is not a problem.........they can not see all the places where you apply
do not do it especially if the hotel reservation was paid by them because the gme office will report your arrival to the PDs, not only that but the hotel it self will report how many nights you are staying if the hospital is paying and many questions will then be asked. "play it safe: one program per hospital".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »