please tell me which field are most competitive and which are least
im .
fm
peds
neuro
psyc
patho
??
I believe nowadays Pathology is a little more competitive because more AMgs are interested. Lifestyle is great and financial compensation attractive.
Neuro more often requires a strong neuro background and also matching into preliminary medicine.
In my experience, Psych has become the less competitive one especially for those with low scores and attempts. Having done externship in psych really put you in a better position.
Fm is still less competitive than IM and Peds. More IMGs apply for IM that makes IM a little more competitive than FM, Psych and may be even Peds. Peds is tricky, when you have strong Peds background you are better positioned. More programs like fem applicants a little better. when you are a male, most progr like applicants with soft personality. The specialty is usually dominated by fem and thus males with strong personality are sometimes not preferred during the selection. Don't ask me how they figure that out. Probably during the interview they can sense the type of person you are.
I hope this give you a sense for the degree of competitiveness. It is a difficult q to answer because of the many variables.

Dr. Belibi
dr.belibi.....
how is lifestyle after doing neuro for img's
and the j1 wavier jobs after neuro residency
better than IM/FM or just like it....
i will appreciate your help
hi dr belibi...what about ob-gyn residency for imgs....is it achievable?...
OB-GYn is very competitive but very much achievable if you have score in the high 80s or better 90s, you are a recent graduate with good OB experience.

On the book The International Medical Graduate's Best Hope currently #1 IMG book sold on amazon there is a table describing all the specialties and the degree of competitiveness for IMGs.
I would encourage you to read the book.

Dr. Belibi
thanks a million time........................your book must be excellent
Most of IMGs don't need any book in order to match succesfully...
BTW this is no place for advertisement but for help!
dr. Belibi is offering free help mr. Bird man..free!! He has been doing this for years! Why dont u take your negative energy elsewhere..we are all vaccinated adults here..we can make our own minds up on what books we need to buy..all those kaplan books u bought and first aid..etc..did they help u? Of course they did..do you think the product became as popular as it did with no advertisement..dr. Belibi is a pioneer in this stuff.if u dont want to buy the book..dont buy it..but keep ur neagtive energy at home..no matter how hard u try..u will never match if u keep that vibe buddy..good luck to you
i agree..i think dr belbi is a good guy n he also is helping me out..
if u want to buy his book buy if u dnt then dnt..
bt besides advertising his book he is also guiding us all..isnt that more helpful to u..he is clearin so many persons doubts..i personally am thinking to buy his book...n plz dnt consider me also as a publicity stunt..i m a simple img with good scores...its jus dr belbi helped me out with few things n which is y i support him...i havnt read his book so cant comment abt him.
BT as a person i can comment he is a good guy n helping hand to strugglers like us..

THANKS DR BELBI FOR HELPING US OUT..CHEERS..GOOD WORK ALWAYS PAYS OFF..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »