Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Lethal Mistake in ERAS application - medhelp
We would like to point out about a COMMON LETHAL mistake that Most Imgs make

While opting for the delivery of USMLE transcript you have two options

1) set automatic transmission

2) set manual transmission

The automatic transmission should be set *******ONLY****** By Those who have passed USMLE STEP 1, 2, CS and STEP 3 .. in this option any changes in your status , if they happen, are transmitted to programs automatically . if you have a pending score and you set this option and unfortunately you flunk the exam ... the programs would know of your failure and they may cancel the interview invitations they had already sent to u

Any person who is still waiting for the even a single result whether its step 1, 2ck or CS or step 3 ******MUST**** set manual transmission. in this option you have full control and you can send the scores to program when you want i..e when u pass the exam

GL

Medhelp Team

helping IMGs over the years

medhelp@live.com
medhelp team,
i remember that sometime ago you posted a link comprising of all your post from previous year. i am not able to find it; can u post it again
thanks a bunch
thanks for giving good advise
i need help
i finshed my residency in dermatology now i want to get into IM, i have good scores
but how to explain the reason.
when the result comes do we need to send it to each program we applied to or do we send once to Eras and they scan it to the program ?
in case if we send it to the programs ( say !)) program ) do we Email Them or send it by mail ?
Thanks
@usmle96

you dont send your scores you just update your USMLE transcript in ERAS and all the programs get your new scores

@bhopeful

There can be so many explanations and your PS would play the trick here like its very crude example here (you can refine it!!!!!) you can explain your frustration when someone presented with dermatological complication of a systemic disease and instead of treating the person as a whole you had to focus on that complication etc. etc

if you feel comfortable we can help you with PS

mail at medhelp@live.com

@lazygenius

here is the link

http://www.usmleforum.com/forum/searchre...choption=M&searchstring=medhelp&Page=2

GL

Medhelp Team

Thanks a lot of ur reply
I was specifically asking about step 3 result. Is it the same ? I mean can be updated in ERAS too becuse it doses not releate to ECFMG ?
Thanks
yep it can also be updated

GL

Medhelp Team
dear friends, there is something you missed, which that even if you didnt set it to automatic and you failed the step then you most probably be able to continue to the match and even if you could do it when the final result is forwarded to the PD also the number of attempts will be visible by them, so dontpanic about it.
Dear Steven!

very right !!!!! You cant hide your failure but you can delay it for sure and that delay is vital here!!!!

the thing is if you can go to the interview then you definitely have a chance to explain why you failed and you may impress them in many ways

but if you set automatic transmission and your interviews are canceled after failure(which happens quite often) You dont make it to the interviews

Hope this helps

GL

Medhelp Team
Steven and medhelp are 100% right...
GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »