Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should I write diffrent PS for primary care ? - star79
should I write diffrent PS for primary care ? or PS for IM is enough? Pls help me
Allocating your Letters of recommendation

As you request for letters of recommendation, endeavor to get them from physicians that you are sure will write good reviews for you. It would not do your application any good if your LOR portrays you in a negative light. It carries a lot of weight in that program directors can make a decision in your favor based on who wrote it and what your reference wrote, and it could easily swing the other way.

Basic rule of thumb for your LOR

-Make sure your name is spelt correctly, the writer is supposed to know you very well

- It must be written on the writer™s letter head

- It must be signed by the writer

- When applying to different specialties and you are using the same letter, ask the writer for a generic letter not making any reference to any specialty. It will not be to your best interest if your letter of recommendation says you would make a good pathologist and you allocated that LOR to internal medicine.

- It would be preferable to get LOR™s tailored to the specialty you are pursuing and written by a physician in that field

I hope this helps

www.scramblemd.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »