Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
med-peds please help!! - tln379
i'm applying for the 06 match for med-peds and looking for a fmg friendly program in the country. please send me the list if anyone know.. Thank you very very much.
Am also interested in Med/ped,but dont know how competitive it is for IMGs,as most programs have 2-4 slot open for it.Can someone offer information on this.
Hi,

Med-Peds is def a less competitive speciality than IM. Good programs have approx 100 or so applicants in this speciality as opposed to almost a thousand in IM. So if you apply and have even a decent application you WILL get called for an interview. The problems - 4 years (one more year than the 3 years for both Peds and IM, 2 board exams, preference for fellowships will be given to people from the single specialities if you applications are similar, if you plan to do fellowship very few allow you to use training in both IM and Peds - Allergy is one which does)

Personally i beleive its a great way to get selected for training in IM/Peds at a good hospital with a less competitive application and in my view is a better option than choosing FP if you cant get IM (aside from those individuals who WANT to do FP)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »