Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If bad at spoken english, how long for the prep? - daner90007
Any experience and advice? Thank you ahead.
Have you done TOEFL?
yes, I did very hign on all other parts, but only 4.5 for spoken one year back. Although first aid said 3.5 is minimum for taking test, I believe it is not enough. At least 5.5 can secure you to pass csa. In daily life, I was often asked to repeat what I said by native speakers. And I can't fully understand the lines in movie and tv drama. So csa really made me nervous. I feel it is not within the power that I can control on my own.
Check out this site: http://www.englishelearning.com/en/
talk with usa ppl.
find fred who speek the language and talk to them
your confidence and calm mood witll helps alot not to nake mistakes or mumble while you talk on the exam day.
note that you need to speak slow and loud and clear enough that the sp understand u.do not need to be a usa speaker.iam so fluent still they stuck with me and asked me to repeat soem words...bcz somhow was fast in some pplaces so aviod that.
Iam FMG, not good at English, but I practiced a lot the UW and FA, trying to repeat the same statements. It is important a good partner. And also I had some practice with native speakers in order to be confident. In the exam the SP asked me two times to repeat because they did not understand. Also I was scared about my patient notes, but practiced a lot FA. I took my test april 11 in Atlanta, the SP were nice, this morning OASIS says that I have passed. As much as you practiced you will be better and confident. Good Luck
congradulation
Thank you, Kucho. Congratulations on your success. That's inspiring.

Can u tell me how long you prepared? Did you take any courses?
daner90007,
I prepared for two months, 5 days a week, from 9 am to 6 or 7 pm, with a wonderful partner Neb from Etiopia. Working with time, using, coat, gown, draping techniques, writing patient notes, everything as real as posible. Checking our mistakes, and trying not to repeat them again. Making mnemonics for differential diagnostics.We practiced UW cases two times and FA cases three times. The last sessions were doing the 27 seven cases of FA at random, each one, in one day. So you know the actual test is 11 or 12 cases. So in that way you are prepared physical and mentally for the rock and roll. In my case that helped me a lot in order to be confident in my English. I didn't take any course.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »