Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Externship option - random2003
Hi everyone,

I know this must be a very stressful period for all of you looking for a residency position. I have been through the same and wish you all the best in your endeavors!

I have really gained a lot of information from this forum and so would like to share with you all a little bit about my success in achieving a residency position and what made it actually happen.

I am an IMG and did my externship in California. This particular program in CA really boosted my confidence. I had an amazing experience as an extern. It prepared me for the future interdisciplinary communication, interpersonal skills and enhanced my professional mannerism. I would suggest to anyone who is looking to boost their knowledge as well as get a feel of the workings of US healthcare system. You cannot get a better person than the doctor there who would discuss with you healthcare models and it™s bureaucratic policies and get a feel of how it would be to work in US hospitals. Believe me it has helped me so muchKnowing what are IC9 codes and charting, consultations, etc and much more. I can just not put down everything here. The website is www.rogerwashington.com and you can get all the details.

I would say one line about the doctor under whose supervision I did my externship “ He is the best teacher I have known till today- the passion for his teaching is unfathomable- he can hold your hand and guide you with the basics and then make you reach a level where you would be in love with your subject - so much - that the drive to get the residency is instilled in you automaticallyand mind you the œdrive to is different from the œwant to! The drive makes you realize your weaknesses and strengths and he helps you to nurture your self professionally “ clinical skill wise and professional etiquettes a must in our medical field.

I am sure if you go to the website , you will see it by yourself. Do call the office and find out more about it. The staff there is very helping, pleasing and proactive. In fact I learnt a lot working with them.

As for me, I did my externship last year and got into residency same year! I owe it to him totally!! It was I who got the residency but it was him who made it happen!!

Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »