Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does any one knows"??? - olagh
gona study master public health because I have been a doctor in my country for about 15years and now I am disappointed of doing uslme exam and matching and ....all of this long long way ..........does any one knows after this education actually spending mony and time what would be the future ?is there any job opportunity or this is just wasting time ??
I am struggling to take step 1 now....but I am going to try to answer your question here....I have a friend who did Masters in Health Administration and he is looking for job now...and he cant find any job either! I am not God or anything but I think one field where you can go into now is Postdoctoral Research and become a scientist instead. They also earn a good salary doing research in their full time jobs. And research is one thing that once you keep accumulating experience you will get better job offers. Its only the first research opportunity that is the most difficult to get. So, as of now....look for ANY research opportunity ...it may even be volunteer work...get the experience....and references....and then once you get the experience apply for posdoctoral research JOBs at the major hospitals in your area...that way you will keep building up. Now I havent done all this...This is just my Plan B if this USMLE track doesnt workk out. ( I pray that I get through my USMLEs and matching however). So, Goodluck on your career. Another thing that you might want to consider is Physician Assistant job...there is a two years ( I think its 2 years ) licensing course for that...after that you can apply for physician assistant jobs...there are plenty of them that I see in the jobs classifieds ads everyday. So think about what you want now...These are your options. The MPH degree....I iam not sure of the job market for that now...I dunno...If anybody else knows plz advise here.
tnx dear bacmark for the time and advice I hope the best for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »