Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physio Video Lecture Help !!! - drme
Hi all,
You know how the Physiology lecturer in the kaplan videos (the one who is teaching action potentials and synaptic transmission etc) .... how he says "you need to know ......... and ........... for the boards" "They expect you to know .......... for the exams" ..... but then there are not much details about those things in his lecture, nor in the kaplan lecture notes..... so are we required to go back and research on our own from other sources.

One Example (one of many times he said that) for adrenergic receptors, he says "you need to know" specifically which receptor causes what effect on that specific tissue/cell..... and then he just gave the example of what epinephrine does to beta receptors in the heart muscles....... are we just required to know just the examples he gives, or should we go looking for what kind of receptor is present on each system/tissue, and what effect the neurotransmitter cause on it.
Not just for agdrenergic receptors, but I'm asking in general....... do we need to have a secondary detailed source in addition to the kaplan lecture notes and the videos ? (Its confusing becos he keeps saying.... you need to know this and that without telling us much about it)

Lol, I hope thats not a wierd question, dunno if ppl ask such questions on this forum
I watched the physio kaplan videos..Most of the things he says we need to know are found in other subjects.

For eg, the one with the adrenergic receptors: thats well explained in pharma.

Basically the kaplan lectures are designed so that you watch all the videos or at least read all the lectures to know all the material you are expected to learn.

Everyone says kaplan is good enough for the USMLEs, plus first aid and Qbanks....I recommend you refer to a more advanced text only if you feel like you just cant understand a certain concept. Or if you are an old graduate and need refreshing certain material.

Hope I have helped.
Good luck
yeah agreed with ia
its all about bridging the subjects together..... Smile
ia and bama, thanks alot for the reassurance, I guess I'm impatient.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »