Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr Wife is sad and crying - drimgtoday
I just hate when men speak for their wives. Dr wife should talk to the forum when she recovers. This is what the forum is meant for. We deserve a first hand information. I don't know the opinion of others about it. It is just my view. I hope I dare air it in this regard.
Dr wife is still recovering. I am a doctor too. So I know what she is talking about. After she totally recovers, she might come here and study and talk as she used to.
nanu, your assessment scores were closer to my wife's. How did you feel after the exam? Did you feel you could pass or not sure? Since my wife's mood is still unstable, I assume it will take several days to get over it. How did you handle this?
drimgtoday: Are you in medicine?
drimgtoday-

I did not feel as depressed as your wife is feeling. I truly felt that if I had failed I would not be surprised. I know your wife is depressed and if you can maybe you can get her a sample of zoloft, so she can take it for a week or two it helps I just did a rotation and an elective in psychiatry (thats what I am going into, BTW). If you know a psychiatry or a friend rotating through they can get you a sample pack, I gave it to my wife when she was a little depressed for a month and it helped. Even for two weeks the psychological effect of taking an anti-depressant are amazing.

Thats the reason I posted my NBME scores so you can compare to what she got on her assessments. I would really wish you would let "her" come onto the forum so we can talk to her.

All the best.
sunny, I am in medicine too.

Thanks, nanu. She is feeling much better but she said she just need several days to recover from exhausted preparation. She studied 14 hr a day for 4 months. She looks pale. I hope she can recover by end of this week. After I compare your scores, she should pass if she was not totally blow out.

GL to all of you hardworking students.
I guess she is having exam blues. When she sees above 90 result she will be alright. Another thing is even the guy who gets 99 and the one who fails goes through the same. So she doesn't have to be too worried. Who knows whats in store. Hope she gets high 90's. Guys, the most important thing you guys have to realise is that EXAM IS NOT LIFE BUT LIFE IS AN EXAM. So forget about this stupid exam, make sure you pass the life exam. Get your prorities right, work hard and leave the rest to God.

Good luck to both of you guys!
probably dr wife was a very good student. i have met doctors who always complained that they did not do well and always came out with excellent scores. when they are complaining they probably mean that they may not get almost 100% right. anyway, good luck to dr wife. i am very glad dr wife's husband is concerned and willing to ask for help. take care.
Thanks, guys for the help. I think she is having blues. We went to Canada to visit our friends over the weekend. She will stay there with her best friend for a week or two so that she can talk to someone. I have to come back to work. I will let you all know she passes or not in 3 weeks.

I hope you all have a good holiday.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »