Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 24 yo male brought to MD - dr_peds2
A 24 yo male was brought to MD by mother bec he has heard voice over past telling him to hurt himself.Hi smom says that her son has no friends and lifelong loner,since graduating fr HS.he has been unable to hold a job.He admits smoking marijuana occassionaly and drinking 6 beers wekly.Exam shoes poorly groomed man with poor eye contact.He has a flat affect and limited facial expression.He says he has no intention of harming himself or othes.Which is most appropriate next step management?
1.schedule ff up visit in 4 weeks
2.prescribe oral Risperidone and sched ff up visits in 2 weeks
3.admit him to partial hosp program and prescribe oral Lithium
4.admit him to psych unit for detox
45.admit him to pscyh ward and prescribe oral Imipramine
222 >>> 444.

I will go for 2222.
Sounds like Schizoid personality. My answer is A
dr_peds2 please let us know the answer
ok.Still looking for answers
im thinking of 2 too.Imipramine(TCA) if often use to treat panic disorder(or Mood disorder) even px looks like psych,he has no intention of killing himself or others,so eliminate 5(Admission to pych ward).
Looks like the patient is schizophrenic,so RISPERADONE is first choice med for tx of schizo since it has less side effect.With the character of the patient(flat affect and limited expression)He should start on antipsych and early ff up to see if the drugs help him.
My answer is 22222222
My answer is 2 as well.. He has schizoid personality, because it says that he has been a life long loner ( which tells u that he has personality dis).. he is hearing voices so that means psychosis.. so we want to treat that because treatment for a personality disorder is just psychotherapy...
i would go with 4
sorry changing my answer to 4 .. Because we can't call him a schizophrenic (symp r not more than 6 months).. He is a drug abuser, which means he gets hallucination after he takes the drug. Therefore its the drug thats causing the hallucinations so clear the drug ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »