Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUNY DOWNSTATE psych experience (nono, kev1840,pat - roseart
Kev, most likely I didn't remember your numbers right, apologize for that... If somebody has got some experience or heard something about their interviews I would really appreciate it.
i am going there on dec 29th....so i have no clue
found this review...looks really intense. I have never heard anything like that ever.

got call last yr in late jan, interviewed there in feb. almost 80% slots had been filled by PM. PC MR. williams handed me with a case vignette at the start and instructed to write about approach. interviewed by PD and APD for about 45 mins, was pissed up, coz i was the single candidatye for the day. APD gave a case orally and told me to manage. PD basically asked about my life experiences. was tougher for me to justify my interest in psy coz i had no prior psy exp. after that was interviewed by an attending who was more a scientist than a clinical person. He taught me about psychoanalytic psychotherapy, its modules and his ongoing research studies for 1 hour. To be honest,I could only understand 25% of what he said. He was fond of asking qns in between like defense mechanisms, transference, contertransference etc. they had 12 spots last yr, 9PM and 3 Match positions. They prefer >95 score and justifiable interest and experience in psych. If you have those and a good communication skills, you have pretty high chance for PM there, pretty good program to be in. Good luck.
yeah, is what I found too... but then I remember that somebody posted not long ago that no medical qs were asked or something like that... Thought maybe somebody would have some "fresh" info...
Thank you anyways... I am scared actually now. Smile
congratulations people... all the best.
i guess they are really looking for previous psych experience.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »