Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to match with 10 IVs with ..IM??? - rinnu
Scores...90s.
Step 3...cleared.

CS 2 attempts...

2004 grad, needs visa..

3 publications, 2 yr research, over 6 mths of USCE.

Went to 2 places which offer pre-matches, 1 of those sends more positions for match, 1 fills most of its positions through match, my friend has not been offered pre-match yet.

Now 3 IVs which offer only pre-match are coming...

Please help...very tense.

Can he match, if no pre-match offer is made?
Sorry, I do not know abt exact no. of publications, not much info abt peer revies, abstracts and stuff like that....

May be 5-6.
stop asking stupid Qs..FIRST THING!...

if we all knew our probability to MATCH,this world(read forum),would be a different place!@!!...i dont knw whts wrong with u guys??....

how the hell shld we know if he would match or no?.
m sorry for sounding rude!but come on!..what is 10 people here say ,NO HE HAS NO CHANCE??is it GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING!is he goin to withdraw frm the match??

last year,my senior DID NOT MATCH WITH 15 ivs!..so??

PEOPLE R GOIN crazy here!
Thx for really rude answer...

god bless you.

Sometimes, people just freak out. have u never freaked out in life, never???
ok..if its gonna make u feel better..~yes he is gonna match!...!!!..go tell him that.
well gaba said it in a wrong way,but ESSENtially said what is CORRECT n true!
this year due to the new policies followed by the PDs and the issue of the health reform, this match season is crazy. this is cleary reflected in the tension in this forum especially with those who applied last year and got more than this year interviews. this year most of the PDs will rank those who have no visa issues highly, ie citizin and green card comes first. taking into consideration that he has attempt in the CS this will further put him down in the rank. 3 years away from active medical practice (research is not considered as medical practice) also can adversly affect the ranking.

the stron positive things here are publications, high scores and US LORs and high number of invites which will give him much advantage on others. however you should take lessons from those who didnt matched last years with 10 + interviews. most of these rejected prematch offers this made those PDs upset from them and didnt ranked them so they ended in the match with only few programs to rank. if you were offered prematch dont hesitate to sign it immediatly. keep in faith, no thing is impossible but you have not to gamble.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »