Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I highlight text during the test? - geogre09
I just bought a NBME Form for Step 2CK , but I could not highlight the text. Is this the same as the real test? Can I highlight text during the test?
Everyone who taken the test already, please give some information.

Thank you!
yeap u can highlight the text in the real test..i did the same on advice of my frnd it was pretty much handy & useful.
Thanks drstrider!
Because I usually highlight the text when pratice the UWBank, it's really hard for me in NBME form without this function.
Could you please give some advice how to solve the long questions quickly in the real tests?
Thank you.
Hey Georgie,
The exam uses the same software as UW. The question stems seem longer on the real exam b/c they're spaced out 1.5" apart, whereas in UW its SINGLE spaced.
I never tried highlighting on the exam, but one thing that pissed me off was the fact that I couldn't strike out wrong answers on the real exam...I was able to do that on UW. So be warned. Also, if I skipped over questions on UW or NBME, it would atleast flag it or put a check mark next to the questions...but wasn't sure if the software on the real exam did that. Now I seriously wonder if I skipped over questions on the real exam.
try the usmle tutorial cd .. it gives u the same interface as the real thing
Thanks durable and agnosia for the useful experience.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »