Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed Step 3 - docdoc1
Hey everybody,

Was planning on posting my experience earlier, but don't have that much time. I got my score on the 6th.. got 97. I was very worried, but surprisingly came out with a very strong score.

If you have any questions, let me know!

g'luck to everybody!
hi docdoc1 can u please tell us yr prep strategy?
how long did u take?
wat was yr source of study?
hi docdoc1,
congrats to u...
I am preparing for step 3. can u share with me how to prepare and wht all books and material did u read? wht else for CCS cases? wht abt uw... when should i take it? and how to crack this exam smoothly and with strong score as urs.

I studied for approximately 3.5 weeks. I completed UW questions, and went over my marked questions x 2. I also went over my notes that I took when I did my questions x 2. I also completed all my UW cases. I did the majority of them before I went and took day 1 of the exam, and after I came back, I did the rest of the cases. Second day to me was very easy and straight forward because the cases were very similar to the UW cases. I also memorized all the FA cases. I used read the entire FA, and unfortunately only parts of Crush.
man u killlled the exam... congrats.... are u a resident... if so in wat?.... also how did u do on the other exams step 1 and 2.... i just graduated and i am a img so i will be taking my step three in about three months or so ... any advice?
what the uw and FA am very new for step 3
I am currently a resident in IM. I got a 91 on step 1, and a 95 on step 2. My advice for studying is to make sure you know the basics. UW is very good, but you have to understand that they are also testing concepts that likely won't be on the exam. Many of the questions are little minute details that you may not remember. The real exam is very different in that they test more basic concepts that need to be applied in situations. Don't get discouraged by forgetting little details, but understand the overall picture!

good luck!!
I also I recommend doing crush step 3 in the last 1.5 weeks, as it does provide some good key points that helped on the real exam.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »