Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can FMG's take NCLEX or LVN boards ?? -
DK

Hi guys, does anybody know if IMG can take NCLEX or LVN boards & work as RN or LVN while preparing for USMLE ?
Syed

I am sad to inform you that you cannot take NCLEX Board or LVN board as an IMG. If you are not in California then you can go to www.excelsior.edu and they provide correspondence courses for RN program. You have to clear some papers with them then you can take RN board exam. Only california board of nursing doesn't allow students from Excelsior to get registered.

There is another aspect in which you can work. You can apply for teaching positions for Medical assistant programs, Surgical Tech(Anatomy and physiology), MRI and Xray tech(Cross sectional and topographic anatomy), Medical Lab technician and many other Vocational School programs. You can work in the capacity of an Instrucgtor for these programs and make around 20-30 dollars and hour. I am working as an Instructor for MA and Surgical Tech programs for over a year and got certified from Bureau of Private post secondary Vocational education in California from them www.bppve.gov

I hope it help.
Good luck
Wonder

Thanks a lot, Syed!

Do you have to take certain exams to be certified? How long does it take you to get certified? How did you find the teaching job? Is there a website about it? I went to the website you posted, but it is about filing tax.
docespy - docespy

TAKE USMLE, YOU CAN CHALLENGE THE PA BOARDS
YOU HAVE TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE BOARD AND CHALLENGE THIER TEST.
Syed

This is the correct website. I guess i forgot to put ca in the previous site http://www.bppve.ca.gov . You don't need any certification to get certified. All you need is to get hired at any Vocational School for teaching then they will apply for your license. Usually you have to show them some documentation that you was working at study work program during your studies in the capacity of whatever program you are teaching for 3 years. Its not difficult at all. Look in www.Monster.com for whatever position you are looking for and then send your resume. Also look in yellow pages of your local area under Vocational Schools and send your resume to all of them regardless if they need it or not so in near future when they need it they will call you in.

I hope it helped.
Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »