Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a doubt! - riya14
At the end,in the summary..do we give the most probable diagnosis or number of possibilities??And do we have to give treatment options??plz help with an example!!thank u
nop
??
we have to talk about the possibilities, starting off with most probable diagnosis first, we have to talk just about the tests that we will be running and should never make a mention of management...
thank u so much accurate777
you are welcome
Is my summary correct in giving diagnosis and telling tests.

It may be Diverticulosis or colon cancer. For that I need to run few blood tests and few imaging techniques of your belly .
munnve
hi, i guess you have to elaborate in the language that lay man understands,without using medical jargon
also you will have to be more specific, explaining the patient of his illness and tests that needs and reassure....so have to be really polished to get high performance
accrate777

Thanks for your prompt reply.

IS IT CORRECT
"It may be a disease of colon or it may be something serious like cancer. For that I need to run few tests like a blood test , an imaging technique to take a picture of your intestine ( for CT SCAN or Colonoscopy )
Also, i need to do a rectal exam , stool test . Meanwhile i advice you to have regular colonoscopies from now, as it detects cancer at early stage.

Is it ok if I mention that i need to do CT scan or Colonoscopy (or just simply can i say imaging tests of intestine.)
We all know that these terms are pretty self explanatory but for this exam in particular there is a component called information sharing skill, that involves grading the candidate on basis of their ability to simplify medical terms for the patient... so CT or colonoscopy might have to be explained little more in detail in order to score well on this subset.....so colonoscopy is called as a tube fitted with a camera can be used to visualize the insides of your gut, inorder to pick any swelling which would be further evaluated.....ct scan is called a specialized imaging study used in order to take clearer pictures of the insides of your belly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »