Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very old ,anybody who worked in UK - sue10
I am a 13 years old graduate
hi, i am a GP tainee in UK, i will be GP in 2012, my husband wants to move to USA after 3 or 4 years( he is applying for greencard).

My question how worthy it is to try for USMLE and then residency after 4 or 5 years as i will be very old graduate by then.
hi sue,i have worked in manchester uk as an msc student,i was there on scholarship,but moved to usa after 1 year,and still struggling with exams, done with cs and ck ,but i guess its not wise to leave your career in the middle in uk and move here as it takes a lot of time to pass exams and enter residency ,and by that time youalso grow old,but its my opinion ,its upto you what you decide for yourself.good luck
well when you have decided already.....start studying for mle asap try n write both steps before landing here but move here only after getting a desired match.....take holidays .....don't quit yr job...
thanks mahgul and ashlin for reply, but as far as i understand it is almost impossible for an old graduate without USA clinical experience to get a residency.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »