Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi guys need help - ganpati99
guys i m very sad ..got my ck scores just 80 had 80 in step 1 also.wht should i do...i m heart broken.i m img have to take CS in march.i m really shattered.. please suggest me wht should i do??will i get residency in IM..is it possible or my dream is over.. just tell me the truth
with every year becoming more competitive than the previous yr, it will be pretty stiff, but not impossible. if you ace step3 with high 95+; and then do an externship (not observership / research volunteering) for about 5 months and get great LORs accordingly; apply early to quickly filled; and prematch offering programs, you will still get in. your application should be pitch perfect in each and everything, and you need check out Iserson's Book, and perhaps tips that Belibi's book offers you. In other words, you would need to spend $$$s to get professional help to get your CV/CAF, externship, and PS to be as perfect as possible... and then you will realize your dreams for sure. best wishes.
thanks imgspouse.god bless u..
any one else who went thru same situation..
Try to pass cs and step-3 on first attempt. The last thing you want is having an attempt on these steps. 95+ on step-3, Strong LORs from teaching hospitals and contacts are going to be great determinant. Getting publications in well-knnown journals also help alot. Nothing is impossible but its better to consider other less competetive specialities as competition is getting tougher in US. Wish you all the best in your future endevours.
thanks guys..wht r other less competitve fields
less competitive rt now are Family medicine, psychiatry and pediatrics
try also pathology.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »