Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a stupid question - macrophagearetheshit
hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone of u know. after scramble if the hospital still has open positions, can we contact the hospital about that program? can we still get a position after the match for a particular program? thanks. i appreciate the help.
good luck with the match,
You can contact them. But there is almost no chance for a hospital to have a open position after scramble. All the position will be filled out within first 2 hours.
there will not be any positions to contact abt after scramble
New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn tends to fill half their positions post match. Last year they still had a bunch spots available 2 weeks after the scramble was over.
i understand that chances are remote but possibilities is still there..so i dont know if we can contact them for that positions and we can possibly get them..it may b beneficial for both parties..
I was talking about IM at New York Methodist
Things do happen between Match and July 1st. There will be some positions opening during this timeframe. Very few, but still... Most typical reason - people not getting their J1 on time.

All in all there are over 20,000 PGY-1 positions. Out of these 20K some give birth, some die, some leave country, etc.
Yes, post scramble!!! and the chance is too low but not zero.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »