Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
biochemistry to tac or usmleman 1 or cue -
anju

hi
could u please tell me whether fa is enough for biochemistry
for last review. my exam is on 24 june.
anju
to tac.i postponed my exam to 24 yesterday because i am having fever now. i just hope i can do well next time

suggestion please.i heard exam is getting harder and harder esp with mol bio and immunology
anju
usmleman2

biochem last review would be good from First Aid, they seldom asked any pathways questions, but tons of mol. bio,tons of inborn errors of metab. (know those cold) and of course nutrition very important (do it from goljan lecture notes or any good sources u have.

you might have heard right, that immuno and mol bio are the hardest -at least on my exam, it drove me crazy to see some frustrating immuno questions, so just do your best and make sure you review immuno very well, just the basics not the tiny tiny details.
anju

thanks usmleman for the reply
anju
TAC

hey anju. The exam is not getting harder and harder dont worry. Plus, I have a strongly suspicious that the difficulty of the blocks adapt to how u did on the previous blocks. So it all depends on your performance I guess. This is just something I suspect and it is not confirmed...
FA is good for biochem. In my exam, i thought the biochem questions were pretty hard though, but that is probably a bias as biochem is one of my weakest areas. LOL Some of the questions are pretty easy and FA is enough for them, some others are pretty hard and the books out there just cant prepare you anyways. So I advise u to read biochem only from FA now and use your precious time to review more of patho and physio, the most important areas of the step 1.

Good luck and get well soon! :o)

TAC
cue

anju
the biochem portion of the exam is seldome pathways and substrate questions(although rate limiting steps and irreversible steps and so on should be memorized. you can also get a urea cycle diagram for example, and ask what goes where) and more integration and correlation of biochem into diseases.
FA is enough only if your understanding of the concepts are clear and you're only doing last days reviewing from FA. Pay close attention to molecular biology and genetics, understand pedigree analysis for different types of inherited diseases. May be use kaplan for these subjucts. All in all, eventhough my exam was tough, but the questions were more of pathophysiology, in other words I think (and this is only me) the tough exam questions are more pathophys and biochem, micro, and pharm questions do not tend to get very confusing.
good luck
anju

thanks tac and cue
anju
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »