Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rank 26 program and did not mtach..... - nimishkum
26 programs and no prematch and match??????????????????????????

Did you mention in your CV that you are a terrorist or something?
nimishkum,
I am sorry to hear you did not match. Try e-mailing the programs you interviewed with/really liked next week or so, when the PCs are no longer swamped with work. Let them know you interviewed there and ask if they would accept you as an observer or an extern. At least this way, you will get USCE in a teaching hospital and you will have a higher chance of matching in that program or elsewhere.
Did this last year and it worked for me.
@ darevee, you have come up with the great idea.
i dont think that this idea is gonna work. most hospitals have a rule now to prevent any kind of observership or externship. but what i think worth trying is to contact the PD themselves and tell them that you had a great time when you were in their hospital and that unfortunately you didnt match and you would very much appreciate it if you (you mean the program directors here) can tell me about the weakness in my application so that i can try to work on it and be better prepared for the next year. i think this way you can have some contact with program directors. you will know your weakness points. use this time to work on this weakness and i am sure next year will be so much different for you. you must have had great credentials to get 26 interviews. so if you fixed what was wrong with your application you will fine for the next year and you will probably match at the first of the interview season in October.
also dont forget that you have a good chance in the scramle this year becasue you have interviewed at alot of hospitals which means one of them might have not filled all the positions and they would rather take someone who interviewed at their hospital. GL
Sorry to hear this nimishkum
U r grt help to everyone ...went thru ur posts for step3..
I had planned a few things if i went unmatched- step 3 which u hav already given
observership- if it is less than 3 months in ur cv this yr then go for it.. i was ineligible for most of the programs coz I had less than 3 mon..try to do a month each of peds , Im, Fm(if u r interested in these subjects)
A frien of mine suggested doing obsie in the same place which u hav interviewed at this yr as one of the forum members suggested..
try to get 3 US LORs..
If u hafta go back to ur home country then work for 2-3 months over there so that u r in constant touch with clinical skills.. same subject u wan to apply for next yr
just my 2 cents..
I saw you in step 3 forum. You r very smart and your answer is very useful.
Please don't give up. I did not match either but I really feel that you r one of the person deserve to match.

Try to improve your personality and iv skills. I have no doubt in your creds since you got 26 ivs.
26 IV and no Match means all programs that he applied filled with other applicants, they can not have unfilled positions otherwise he would have matched, Did you just applied to top notch programs? That could be the reason.
hey nimiskhum,you are a very smart guy.Thanks for all your comments and posts.Hope you match next year.Just focus now on building your resume.Hope you match in 2011.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »