Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone plz ,,,sammy the master;)or anyone - usmlee2010
hi can any one plz explain how to differentiate b/w hypertensive and hypoxis encephlopathy ,hypertensive arteriosclerosis and charcot bouchard aneurysm.........

anyone plz
my dear fellows iqbalian,basicq ,go forward and sammy (cutie)
u really explained well the nija ;s question,,
i think i m the slowest one ,,,,,,like a turtle ,,,,,,,,,,,,dont kno for how long doing prep.

Thanks already
Encephalopathy by definition is any condition in which the functioning of the brain is affected ( Oxford medical dictionary). This can be toxic, viral, ischemic or blood pressure related.
Hypertensive encephalopathy develops by two mechanism; one is the rupture of the smaller vessels that penetrate the gray matter of brain and secondly due to brain edema occuring due to the sheer blood pressure. Hypoxic encephalopathy, as the name indicates, is due to hypoxemia. This can inturn be due to a number of causes that reduce blood oxygenation. As the brain has little tolerance for lack of oxygen, hypoxia seriously impairs neuronal function ( hypoxia longer than 60 seconds can cause neuronal death).

Hypertensive arteriosclerosis is the hyalin thickening of the blood vessel walls due to persistently raised blood pressure. The sheer force of the blood oozes the protein exudates across the basement membrane into the blood vessels wall and cause the smooth muscle cells to proliferate. The muscles alongwith the pink staining protein form hyalin arteriosclerosis or hypertensive arteriosclerosis

Charcot Bouchard aneurysms are small berry aneurysms that arise as outpouching of vessel walls due to raised bp. At points where blood vessels branch, the vessel wall lacks smooth muscle coat and so they are particularly vulnerable to developing these outpouchings. They are pretty much different from the arteriosclerosis.

Thanks for the regards. I'm just a learner Smile
if u have done Uw,,,,u found all these 3 questions about these topics.i couldn t recognize which one is which one.
thats y i asked u to explain,,,,,,,its in path Uw

thanks for explaining,,,,,,and helping me out,
God bless u
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »