Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I have a chance? - nisha
Hi guys, ill be completing my internship from India in April of 2006. Have taken a break to prepare and give my Step 2 ck right now (given step 1). Is it possible for me to get any interviews and match for 2006, even though I am not yet ECFMG certified?
hi,
I guess you will have to be a graduate before the match(march 15th), I am nt very sure though. I knowof one question that every PD will ask you....What are you doing giving interviews when u should be doing ur internship? How do u plan to explain that? My advice to you is that you shld take time finish ur exams and apply next year. U will still be a fresh graduate.
chill
hi,
for match u need not be certified.but u have to apply for cs before 31st aug and take it before 31st dec.
but at the start of the residency u got to be certified.
and for that u should have the final medical diploma submitted and verified.
in india u usually get it on the convocation .
which i think will take place after u finish your internship?
so if u can pass cs before jan06,
and have submitted your diploma or will be able to submit it on time,
u can definitely make it.
I have a friend who did CS in November last year, and the results were not back by the deadline, and his application was pulled from the Match. So I would recommend doing CS by October, latest.

You have to have all of your test results back by Rank Order List deadline date - I believe that is Feb 15th or so? Double check that.

You have to be ECFMG certified to begin your residency on July 1st. So you send everything in to ECFMG, including your diploma, and they will mail you back your certificate soon after.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »