Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is my chance of getting residency in mid-80's - gabriel
what will be my chance of getting residency if i pass my exam with mid-80's . given so many individuals scoring above 90 these days does this kind of score make me less competitive and my chance of matching slim . wish to know . thanks.
Gabriel, if anything you are the closest to God, and this question can only be answered by HIM/HER. So why dont you just cut the middle man and go straight to your boss! Smile

Hope you're not offended, just kidding but the response is still the same. Smile
i like your humor . but i can't grasp your answer . wish you explain me fruther .
HI,
gabriel, what JMO meant was that the match process is unpredictable and rather subjective. Mid 80 scores are decent and u wil have a very realistic chance of matching with a decent program. Having said that you should also take into consideration the different parameters that are considered the yardstick by the Program Directors. tHE BEST THING TO DO WOULD BE TO APPLY AND THEN PRAY THAT YOU GET IN.....this is what justmeoriginal meant...but ofcourse u cant discount the funny bone in him...and that is y it sounded the way it did.
chill.
Well said Simon.

Gabriel, if anyone told you that no, you can't get a residency with 80, would you stop chasing your dream and quit? We all know and hope that the answer is no I wont. So since it doesnt matter what people say, you would try to get a residency. Thats one thing.

Another point is that ofcourse people with 70s and 80s get residecnies because there are still more positions available than are CERTIFIED applicants. So at the end, scramble and even post match, those that are certified have a great chance of getting into residency simply because hospitals want to fill their spots. GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »