Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 390---advise plz - 2cr8tive
i am a recent grad from caribbean. i'm doing my step 3 in 2 weeks. i've been studying for 3 hrs a day for a week now and did the nbme and such a horrible score. barely passed with a 390. anyways, ive done 70% of kaplan q bank with 57 percent and nothing else. i just purchased UW with the CCS and crush. what do you think about taking this exam in less than 2 weeks. is it doable? i just need to pass as i'm a canadian and in need of H1 visa. step 1 is 98 and step 2 is 95 in oct 09.

anyone?
the nbme & Kaplan scores put u at risk. I dont think u wd be confident at the test. Although if u are 100 percent sure of ur ccs skills u can afford to take the test.
stick with ur area of weaknesses and do the exam, u will pass
i guess u r right maddoc, i'll do one week of usmle world and then i'll do assessment and see where i stand. and i'm not sure of my ccs skills, i havent done residency yet.
damilola thanks for the word of confidence ... Wink doesnt look like i'll pass with these scores though ... i'll update u guys
although nbme is not good perdictor as in step1 and 2 but still can tell where do you stand and what are your weak area to work on it hard . my nbme score was 410 3 weks b4exam and my real exam score was 83
2cr8tive:

Practice some more with UW CCS cases and Questions. I scored 380 in my NMBE just 10 days before my Step 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally got 88, so it can be done.... take another UW practice exam and decide afterwards...
thanks dgranja, yeah i'm doing uw now ... i have done maybe 8 set of quetions and have been consistently above and around average ... oh yeah so i just found out my ecfmg certificate wont be here for a couple more weeks , which sucks cuz i wont be able to do my step 3 and start residency on time but hey i have more time to study. thanks guys
Sure!
Practive CCS as much as you can..you will be fine for the test
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »