Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qqqqqqqqqqqqqq - moonjupiter
A man with down syndrom .he is married (she has also down syndrome) too. what u think their next generation?
1 100% normal child
2 50% affected
3 no child
4 25% affected
5 75% affected
explain?????//
anyone
Jupitar this is a very nice question. But I don't know exactly what will happen. there will not be 100% normal child, at least thats what I know. Its still under research probably.
please wait and see if someone know the answer. Otherwise please let me know what u got.
Here is one link you will get a general idea about it. Thanks
http://www.ds-health.com/issues.htm
correct answer is 3
can u please explain ,moonjupiter?? why 333.. thanks for q..
sterility in all males, females have a 50% chance of having a child with down syndrome
Hi Jupiter can I know your source. Did they specify anything else? Because with recent research [not really recent 30 years back] has been shown it is not truly true that Down's man will be sterile. Hope you have read the link that I have sent.
If not.. please read here

Significantly impaired fertility of both sexes is evident in the Down syndrome population (Rogers and Coleman, 1992). While males have long been assumed to be sterile, Sheridan reports one case of a cytogenetically normal male infant that was fathered by a man with Down syndrome (Sheridan et al, 1980). Women have impaired but still significant fertility: a number of reviews document women with Down syndrome carrying pregnancy to term and delivering infants with and without Down syndrome (Bovicelli et al, 1982; Rani et al, 1990). Infants born to mothers with Down syndrome are at increased risk for premature delivery and low birth weight (Bovicelli et al, 1982).

Thanks a lot for your question again .
goljan 2004 . pathology said ... sterility in all males, females have a 50% chance of having a child with down syndrome
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »