Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help - jiy01
Hi I just failed my step I this week(73/177), I want to take it again in Nov and need some advice or suggertion. I really don't know where I should resatrt? if someone can give me the used step 1 note, goljan (I will pay it),or any advice will be greatly appreciated...lookin forward to an encouraging and respose...thanks.

Eamil: jiy01
Hi Jiyo1! Sorry 4 the bad outcome, but try to be rational. It was just an exam & you will always have another chance.

The s-1 is really much harder than s-2. Just to compare Kaplan™s notes 4 each of those. For s-1 they have almost 3000 pages but 4 s-2 about 1200. Not to mention that the latter source is incomparable easier to read & understand.

Regarding the sources I think that Kaplan™s is quite sufficient. During my s-1 preparation I was using many sources, but at the end didn™t get much. If I have failed I would use only Kaplan, not coz it™s he best but coz most of the top rated sources are pretty the same. The biggest advantage of Kaplan over the rest, are those center video lectures, which are too expensive, but probably the same as even more expensive live course.

So if you ask me stick with the source you were already using & try to go through them couple times & do a lot of qs - Kaplan (Qbank +Qbook), usmleasy (the same as Pre Tests books), NMS Qbook, Robbins™ pathology Qbook or whatever you can find. Do each day 1-3 block of qs & 4 the rest of your schedule revise your notes. It shouldn™t be hard 4 you coz you have already done 75%.

From Goljan I was using his audio lectures (great, but still you need his or whoever™s book)& 100 pages (short version of the FA. I wouldn™t use them again). The webpath site is also great 4 pics. I™ve seen Goljan™s 500 pages (there were on some web site, can™t find which. Try with google.), but I wasn™t amazed with them. I mean his is a great pathologist but 4 the rest I would still rather use other authors.

Wish you all the best & 99 on your very next time!
Hi mdfriend,

You are really nice, your words let feel warm. Thank you very very....much.

jiy01
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »