Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help regarding NBME assessment. - ggnclinic
I am planning to take online NBME exam .

I have few questions :

how many blocks are there in NBME exam .

Can I take breaks between blocks.

Can I finish the test in two days like 2 blocks in one day and another 2 blocks the next day .

How much score is decent , that is equivalent to pass score.

ggnclinic
yes you can do it all , but isuggest you take it as real exam , dont take breaks just finish it in 5 hrs ,it has 4 blocks. This way you will get the right score for your assessment
GL

u can take breaks, and do it like you want it..though i agree with usmle1984 that u should do it in one sitting because that will account most accurately for your presence of mind/tiredness..etc which are factors you cant otherwise identify.
From what i have seen on this forum and a few others..I have reached this conclusion regarding NBME scores and their correlation to the actual score:

A score of >410 will get you a pass..you can fall between 75 and 85..depending on how you perform.
A score of >460 will get you a score over 80..possibly upper 80s.
A score of >510 will for sure get you between 85-99

I have seen a fair number of individuals post their results who have scores >400 and have passed the exam. so really its hard to predict..ofcourse the score correlations i have posted are very vast but truly i believe that hitting those scores will land you between those numbers unless your some unfortunate soul!Smile

once again these are just my estimations from the hundreds of threads i have read on this on various forums...so i suggest you please do ur own research as well!
All the best
Cheers!
thank you usmle 1984 and salsterz .

It means if my ccs preparation is nice and nbme scores above 410 , I have a chance that I will pass . Hope I get a score of above 410 in NBME.

Yes you have a good chance to pass if you score over 410. Also keep in mind that there are a fair number of people who have passed this exam with the scores
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »