Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME 2 Q's duplicates to real thing? - stef
Hi,

I have not used NBME for Step 1, but I want to use it as a score predicition tool for Step 2.

I am wondering whether in addition to that it makes sense to spend time looking at the questions in detail in tutor mode? Has anybody experienced duplicates or near-duplicates on the real exam?
Thx for responses
HI STEF,
The NBME is the main body controlling the USMLE exams. This is one reason y the NBME forms are as close to the real exam as tehy can get. Having said that, I dont think ur exam wil be a mirror image or an exact copy of the forms. I dont think it is a good idea in the first place to answer the questions in tutor mode(the idea of an exam simulation is then lost). Now even if u work on these forms in the tutor mode and try to memorize the questions, the chances that similar questions will appear on ur exam are remote.
Expect the exam to be similar to the forms with respect to standard and the level of difficulty and nothing more than that.
In a nutshell I dont think u will benefit much from familiarizing urself with these questions. U will be better off if u go thru the assessment and try to work on ur areas of weakness.
chill
i agree with Simon.

i think it's important to do the NBME assessments as "simulations".

they have thousands and thousands of questions at NBME, to study these
to predict a repeat just isn't worth it. However, focus on the important stuff.

cheers!
revo
simonsez and revo,

thanks for your answers. i guess i'll use it only as a prediction tool.
How much does this practice exam cost?
40$, I also agree with what was said above.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »