Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGV vs H.Ducreyi vs. donovanosis - backtobooks
Can someone help me with info on how to differentiate between the lesions caused by LGV, H. Ducreyi and C. granulomatosis? Ducreyi lesions are painful. Both LGV and Donovanosis (C. Granulomatosis) cause genital ulcers, and lymph node enlargement and fibrosis. Also inclusion bodies seen in both. so how do we differentiate? Any inputs will be appreciated.
You are right both produce the same signs and symptoms but H Ducrey the ulcer is more painful and the affection to lymph node is less severe. Vs LGV ulcer smaller, but affect more lymph node.there are some nasty pictures in Google about that
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=512444
thank you ariadnac06. How do we differentiate Klebsiella / Calymmatobacterium granulomatosis?
good question ?????
I though was the same ???
Sorry I meant lgv from klebsiella/calymmatobacterium!
Ok here's what I found - in lgv the ulcer is painless and inguinal adenitis appears after 1 month. In donovanosis ulcer and adenitis present simultaneously and the ulcer has irregular margins and a beefy red granular base
Those are good clues too ....thanks..
Lymphogranuloma venerum

--Hx...Immigranf from Africa /Asia ,
---P/E--Swollen lymphn odes (inguinal most of the time) leading to genital elephantiasis inj late stage,ulcers ,fistulas, in the perineal and anal region

Calymmatobacterium granulomatosis--

HX--patient from caribbean or new guinea
P/E--subcutnaeous nodules on genitals most of the time...not on the lymph nodes
---beefy red ulcers on the genitals that bleed easily
Lab ...Donovan Bodies(encapsulated bacteria inside mononuclear phagocytes)

Haemophillus Ducreyi
Painful chancre....

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »