Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is sp necessary? - dr_raw
hi just wanted to know...is it better to study with a study partner...or is it also ok to just study alone! or it just depends on the person..whatever's comfortable???
well it varies with each person, if ur able to concentrate on ur own and dont get too distracted, can make a schedule and stick to it , then that's the best way to study ! coz i learn more when i study on my own most of the times, but when u lack conc. or motivation, then u shd definitely get a Sp.. so tht u hv to study and there is no room for distraction !
Hope it helps !
Gudluk !
Well think about how you used to study in med school......Did you need a study partner then?? I didnt !!! I learnt the most by studying on my own....Even now I cannot study with sp....I TRIED!!!!....And my study partner was very good too...She made plans to meet and was punctual...but I have a world of my own....tons of commitments....a schedule of my own...eg: I am nocturnal...I sleep from 6 am to 12 noon!!!!.....so i study whole nite...and at weekends I always need to take time off becoz friends and relatives always come over or plan events which I cant miss...becoz its either somebody's birthday or anniversary, baby shower, wedding....bla bla bla.....So finally I stopped looking for sp ...becoz I cant be a good sp myself!!!.....So, now I study on my own and its going pretty well (touchwood!!).....Basically, no matter what you do you need to have the material learnt and thats all!!!....Some people do that with sp while some do that on your own. I prefer to do it on my own. But I might need sp to discuss questions when I start doing them!!....I think you can discuss questions but other than that you do not need an sp. Your sp cannot learn the chapter for you...You will need to do that yourself!!!....An sp cannot listen to the dvds for you...You will need to do that for yourself!!!...So....forget about sp....just do it on your own!! We have this forum for any help that you may need! Good Luck!
I agree with arundhati.

When you've studied, it maybe helpful to have someone argue or discuss out some questions with you. Then the concepts stick in your brain forever with little effort. But thats after you have done your own reading. you need to read and understand it your way to remember it your way.
thanx guys...i've always studied on my own alone...in med school too i tried sp but it was either they were too fast or too slow...or some used to get into too much detail or some very superficial...so its hard to find someone who's like u....its just that in the forum i keep on looking at posts for sp...and then i wonder if im doin the right thing studying alone...thanx...good luck
thanx guys...i've always studied on my own alone...in med school too i tried sp but it was either they were too fast or too slow...or some used to get into too much detail or some very superficial...so its hard to find someone who's like u....its just that in the forum i keep on looking at posts for sp...and then i wonder if im doin the right thing studying alone...thanx...good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »