Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
correlations are not always the truth... - hehadoc
actually, i´m trying to canalize my anger to willing to reach what i want...
hehadoc'
What do you mean by"'to do questions by myself about kaplan notes"
what i meant is that from a chapter of goljan, i opened a word page and i put the facts in a matter of questions, so i could remember what i have read before in a some tricky way. what i can say about this method is that i could learn a lot from goljan book that i wouldn´t have done with the traditional method of only reading...that´s was one of the best read books in my life. i didn´t do that way for this test because i haven´t enough time trying to get my deadline to reach all the match stuff...
one Usmle exam is not as accurate as thousands of practice questions written by different programs. Sometimes; it is the usmle that is not correlating with the practice questions (because they just happened to ask the things you didn't know.. etc) What I am trying to say is that your practice scores show that you have the knowledge and ability to pass.... the usmle exam itself sometimes is not accurate in assesing student knowledge.

today, i received my score: 178/73
comparing feedback in every subject between real score and nbme form 1,in some , there are similar perfomance, but in others, the perfomance is lower, some much lower than predicted in nbme.for example, pediatrics had a good perfomance in nbme(the band was barely seen ) but in real test was more in the lower perfomance side. i had previously identified some weak areas like psych , endocrine and cardio. in real test, psych, endocrine were low, too but cardio was better. by comparing disciplines, all of them were lower than i expected, despite psych was always lower than the others(as i had previously identified). that give me another tip to consider time management as the main cause of this problem.
when I did the nbme for step 1; someone told me not to rely on the subject feedback because it is not accurate at all. ie, my behavioural sciences in both nbme's was off the charts but my lowest on the real test. The uw and kaplan qbank give a better analysis of your weaknesses/strengths (subjectwise) than either the usmle or nbme. Another tip is to try to simulate practice questions as much as the real test.... try to make yourself nervous somehow...... You will figure out what frame of mind you need to be in to answer questions right...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »